Thursday 15 January 2015

Parenthood in a Nutshell

Alright, don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but there literally is no harder, or more exhausting job in the world then being a parent. It's a 24/7 365 day a year job with no vacations and no sick days.
I mean, it's worth it. You get paid in hugs, kisses, and giggles. Many of people however, seem to think that a stay at home parent has it easy. NOPE!

My days with my daughter are spent chasing her around the apartment, keeping her out of the cat food and water, trying to make sure she doesn't fall every time she stands on her own( which is all the time) trying to teach her how to walk, and constantly chasing the balls she throws out of her ball pit we got her for Christmas.
Couple that with the housework and laundry, looking after my husband and the 17 year old we took in and my day is gone. Sounds fun eh?
I take a 10 min shower and it feels like a day at a spa.

Aside from my modeling gigs, I don't get away much.
Being a parent is about giving up what you use to be to become something, or someone rather, more.
Something other then the selfish ( albeit not intentional) individual that we once were.
To feel a love that cannot be felt by any other experience.
It's to become whole.

I donno, maybe that was just me. But what I do know, is that from the moment they lay that tiny baby in your arms on day one until the day you die, being a parent (however exhausting and stressful it may be,) changes you  in a way you can't even imagine.

and it's beautiful.

                                             Here's to you
                                             Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment