Wednesday 18 November 2015

Christmas is coming

Well.... 35 days guys... that's right... most of us have three pay checks left to utterly break our banks buying stuff most people don't need or alot of them even want...Think about it... How many gifts have you secretly returned or complained about and tossed or gave away or even re-gift when no one was looking?
Right?
So why does everyone panic so much?
Christmas has ended up so commercialized and now its about who can give the biggest ,most expensive, most elaborate gifts... what happened to actually enjoying Christmas?
Gathering around a beautiful tree with your friends and family? Your Uncle Phil who always has to much eggnog and starts loudly telling everyone who will listen about how he met your Aunt Fran. You know the good times.

Lately everyone seems to have lost sight of that...
I know people in my own family that are going to cause waves on Christmas morning because I didnt get them a gift... Sorry but I've got people in my own household to attend to before I worry about people like that...

So, I've officially decided that this year I'm not trying to keep up with everyone... I'm not worried about how much I should spend on this person or that person... I'm content giving my daughter a  wonderful day and spending time with my family. Because that is what Christmas is actually about!

Here's to you
Courtney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment